This is an interview with Sean Platt, copywriter turned fiction writer.
There has been a lot of talk about the Kindle and self-publishing lately, so I decided to have a chat with Sean and clear up the confusion.
This interview is around 45 minutes of Sean and I going through the do’s and dont’s of self-publishing in a very relaxed manner.
If you aren’t into self-publishing, I highly recommend you listen to this interview anyway, because you will learn what it takes, and how Sean made the transition with a wife and two kids.
If you don’t have time to listen to this interview here on the blog, you can download the MP3 or the transcript below.
I have personally been looking into and learning about publishing for the Kindle, and I have to say it’s interesting. However, I’m in no rush, and right now I’m observing and doing what I like to do, which is publish my ebooks and courses right here.
Also, my mind completely blanked at the end where I forgot a very common English word, so if you want to have a laugh, listen to that ;).
Here are just a few of the things we cover:
- What is self-publishing?
- Why now is the best time to self-publish
- The difference between vanity publishing and self-publishing
- How to price your books for the Kindle on Amazon
- How losing everything for Sean turned out to be a positive thing
- How to allow fear to catapult you into success
- Why making mistakes is essential to realizing your dreams
- Can you use PLR or put in affiliate links in Kindle books?
- The #1 mistake that hold most people back from taking action
- What to do if you’re not a killer writer
- What to expect when you start self-publishing
- How to market your book to success
- A devious tactic for publishing books without writing full-length books
(Note: Many of the links and things mentioned in this interview no longer exist or have changed, so you may have to do an online search to find them. The reason for this is because this interview was done many moons ago.)
All the best,