This is an interview with Sean Platt, copywriter turned fiction writer.
There has been a lot of talk about the Kindle and self-publishing lately, so I decided to have a chat with Sean and clear up the confusion.
This interview is around 45 minutes of Sean and I going through the do’s and dont’s of self-publishing in a very relaxed manner.
If you aren’t into self-publishing, I highly recommend you listen to this interview anyway, because you will learn what it takes, and how Sean made the transition with a wife and two kids.
If you don’t have time to listen to this interview here on the blog, you can download the MP3 or the transcript below.
I have personally been looking into and learning about publishing for the Kindle, and I have to say it’s interesting. However, I’m in no rush, and right now I’m observing and doing what I like to do, which is publish my ebooks and courses right here.
Also, my mind completely blanked at the end where I forgot a very common English word, so if you want to have a laugh, listen to that .
Here are just a few of the things we cover:
- What is self-publishing?
- Why now is the best time to self-publish
- The difference between vanity publishing and self-publishing
- How to price your books for the Kindle on Amazon
- How losing everything for Sean turned out to be a positive thing
- How to allow fear to catapult you into success
- Why making mistakes is essential to realizing your dreams
- Can you use PLR or put in affiliate links in Kindle books?
- The #1 mistake that hold most people back from taking action
- What to do if you’re not a killer writer
- What to expect when you start self-publishing
- How to market your book to success
- A devious tactic for publishing books without writing full-length books
Links mentioned in this interview:
The Trailer for Sean’s Book:
Sean mentioned the trailer for his fiction series, Yesterday’s Gone, so I thought I’d embed it here for you to check out.
It’s short, sweet, and gets you interested.